Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bulking for real

I'm waiting for an order from a local farm.

When I'll have everything I need, I'll be ready to gorge on animal products.

I have no idea how much calories I'm really going to consume and how much I consume now.

At first, I might try to eat about 5000 calories.

About 80% of calories from fat, 20% from protein. That meas 250 grams of protein and 444g of fat, that might be too high. We'll see.


I might include a few vegetal elements, such as coconut oil or specific plant extracts and herbal teas. I strongly believe in the benefits of coconut oil and its MCT (medium chain triglycerides) which might be the perfect pre-workout fat, and the lauric acid (one of the MCTs actually) which is antiviral, antimicrobial and which might boost the immune system.

The only "supplement" that will be a real staple is cod liver oil, to balance essential fatty acids (further strictly refered as EFA) and to bring the much-needed vitamin A and vitamin D (especially since it's getting colder now and my sun exposure is low).

So I plan to start eating a lot on this saturday, and will aim for 5000 calories next week.
I'll keep posting about gains in weight and gains in strength.

No comments: